JLB Management Consultancy (JLB) understands the importance of protecting the privacy of individuals and is committed to complying with the Privacy Act 1988, and associates Australian Privacy Principles, to ensure the confidentiality of any personal information collected.
- Open and transparent management of potential information – JLB is upfront with clients about how and why information is being collected and for what purpose the information is being retained
- Anonymity and psuedonymity – where JLB is tasked to collect information where anonymity may be assured (eg surveying clients), every attempt will be made to de-identify any information collected
- Collection of solicited personal information – personal information is only collected to ensure appropriate contact with JLB clients for consultancy, training or seminar
- Dealing with unsolicited personal information – JLB does not engage in the collection, access or distribution of unsolicited information
- Notification of the collection of personal information – personal information is only collected by JLB to ensure appropriate contact with an individual through the life of the project
- Use or disclosure of personal information – information will only be used to facilitate the respective consultancy or training; no information will be disclosed to any third party without prior approval
- Direct marketing – no personal information is disclosed for the purposes of direct marketing
- Cross-border data disclosure of personal information – no information will be transferred overseas unless absolutely necessary to facilitate consultancy or training; in such rare cases, the nature of information will not be personal in nature
- Adoption, use or disclosure of government related identifiers – no Commonwealth or State identifiers are adopted, collected or used
- Quality of personal information – we ensure any personal information collected will be relevant for the nature of work, accurate, complete and current
- Security of personal information – we will protect personal information from misuse, loss or unauthorised use
- Access to personal information – access to the personal information collected will be limited to those authorised to work on the account by the client
- Correction of personal information – we encourage personal information to be regularly updated and personal information collected to be available to the individual concerned.
Compliance to the Australian Privacy Principles is supported through procedures documented in JLB’s Quality Management System and assured through training of staff and regular review of procedures. Any person wishing to make a complaint regarding the privacy of information should contact the Bates Group’s Privacy Officer by telephone (1800 112 933) or email (email@example.com).