Audit Safety Management Systems
Our OHS ISO 45001 Lead Auditor Course is delivered across 5 days and provides an overview of ISO 45001:2018, before delving into the practical auditing skills required to perform audits against safety management systems as either part of a team or an audit team leader. It also provides a comprehensive understanding of ISO 19011 Guidelines for Auditing Management Systems.
This course includes modules AU, OH-45001and TL (Exemplar Global TPECS). Recognition of prior learning will be awarded for Modules AU and TL if they have been completed within the previous three years.
Management Systems Auditing2 Days
Safety Management Systems ISO 45001:20182 Days
Leading Audit Teams1 Day
Who Should Attend?
- Health and Safety Managers
- Health and Safety Consultants
- Auditor’s wanting to advance their career
- If you want to improve an existing OHS
- If you want to conduct internal audits of an OHS
- If you want to conduct external audits of an OHS as part of a team or an audit team leader
This Course is in module format such that the first two days provide an introduction to auditing management systems and focuses on the skills required for auditing (Module AU). The third and fourth days focus on the new ISO 45001 (for Australia) and OHS specific issues, particularly relevant to external auditing (Module OH). The fifth day is focused on lead auditor specific requirements and the certification process (Module TL).
Days 1 & 2
Module AU – ‘Management Systems Auditing’
- quality, history of management systems
- continual improvement
- the auditing process
- communication skills
- roles, responsibilities and skills of an auditor
- developing questions
- ISO 19011
- planning audits & reviewing documentation
- audit reports and corrective action
- auditing techniques
- process-based auditing and sampling
- role play – dummy internal audit.
Day 3 & 4
Module OH – ‘Auditing Safety Management Systems’
- WHS & documentation
- workplace safety
- initial Safety Reviews & risk assessment
- WHS management principles
- ISO 45001 in detail
- processed-based auditing and sampling
- role play – dummy external audit.
Module TL – ‘Leading Management Systems Audit Teams’
- the certification process
- auditor skills, abilities and Code of Conduct
- legal/ethical aspects of auditing
- accreditation and certification bodies.