Food Safety Management Systems
Our ISO 22000 Lead Auditor Course is delivered across 5 days and provides an overview of ISO 22000:2018, before delving into the practical auditing skills required to perform audits against food safety management systems as either part of a team or as an audit team leader. It also provides a comprehensive understanding of ISO 19011, ‘Guidelines for auditing management systems’.
The 2018 version of ISO 22000 for food safety management systems adopts the High-Level Structure allowing organisations to easily integrate their food safety management system with other management systems like Quality (ISO 9001), Safety (ISO 45001) and Environmental (ISO 14001). JLB also runs an FSSC 22000 and other PRPs courses, more information can be found here.
This course includes modules AU, FS & TL (Exemplar Global TPECS). Recognition of prior learning will be awarded for Modules AU & TL if they have been completed within the previous three years.
Management Systems Auditing2 Days
Food Safety Management Systems ISO 22000:20182 Days
Leading Audit Teams1 Day
Who Should Attend?
- Food Technologists, quality supervisors and managers
- Food Safety Team Members
- HACCP auditors wanting to increase their scope to include ISO 22000
- Other prospective ISO 22000 auditors
- Anyone wanting to conduct internal audits, supplier audits or external audits of a Food Safety Management System
- Completion of a two day HACCP training course, including HACCP Principles, hazard assessment and hazard analysis
This Course is in modular format such that the first two days provide an introduction to auditing management systems and focuses on the skills required for auditing (Module AU). The third and fourth days focus on ISO 22000, food safety and OPR/CCP specific issues, particularly relevant to external auditing (Module FS). The fifth day is focussed on lead auditor specific requirements and the certification process (Module TL), followed by a Role Play and the exam.
Days 1 & 2
Module AU - 'Auditing Management Systems
- Quality, history of Quality Management Systems and Quality Management System Documentation
- continual improvement
- standards and ISO 9001
- the auditing process
- communication skills
- roles, responsibilities and skills of an auditor
- developing questions
- ISO 19011
- planning audits & reviewing documentation
- audit reports and corrective action
- auditing techniques
- process-based auditing and sampling
- role play - mock internal audit.
Days 3 & 4
Module FS - 'Auditing Food Safety Management Systems'
- food standards
- hazards to food safety & identifying hazards
- food safety practices
- Pre-Requisite Programs
- Hazard Control Plans - PRP/OPRP/CCP
- ISO 22000:2018 in detail
- audit findings
- role play - dummy external audit.
Module FS - 'Leading Management Systems Audit Teams'
- The certification process
- Auditor skills, abilities and Code of Conduct
- legal/ethical aspects of auditing
- accreditation and certification bodies.