What is FSSC 22000?
While many clients are certified against HACCP or ISO 22000, increasingly clients are being encouraged to be certified against FSSC 22000. This is because many retailers now require their suppliers to hold a Food Safety Management System Certificate that is recognised by GFSI.
FSSC 22000 is a food safety management system (www.fssc.com/schemes/fssc-22000/) which is a Recognised Scheme under the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI, www.mygfsi.com) - GFSI comprises of food industries' biggest buying companies.
Essentially, FSSC 22000 is ISO 22000 with an emphasis on compliance with the respective industry Pre-Requisite Program (PRP). If not a requirement now, there's a very real chance that your business may need to comply with FSSC 22000 in the not-too-distant future.
The following PRPs are included in the FSSC Scheme:
- Food manufacturing
- Feed manufacturing
however, the following PRPs are expected to be included:
- Storage & Distribution
FSSC 22000 requires appropriately accredited certification bodies to only use superior food safety experts who have undergone appropriate training. JLB offers the combined ISO 22000 & FSSC 22000 Lead Auditor Course, qualifying auditors to audit FSSC 22000 and ISO 22000 based food safety management systems.
The FSSC Management System Process
Learn about the international standard and what achieving FSSC 22000 can do for your business
Our experienced, committed and dedicated team tailors a program to suit your individual needs
Third party assessment to gain certification for your Food Safety Management System
JLB is available to maintain your system to ensure compliance and continual improvement
Requirements for the FSSC 22000 Food Safety System
What are the benefits of FSSC 22000?
- GFSI recognised
- Guarantees a robust and efficient supply chain
- Reduces barriers to entry of greater markets and vendors
- Powerful management system which is easily integrated with other systems such as ISO 9001 & ISO 14001
- Integrity Program - Stringent processes in place for certification bodies, ensuring a high level of professionalism and auditing
How we can help
- We review your current food safety practices and ensure your business has addressed the basic requirements of food safety
- We then develop the OPRP/CCP Plan and ensure OPRPs & CCPs are effectively monitored
- We ensure your business is complying with the requirements of the respective PRP
- We train all employees in the Food Safety Management System
- We train your Internal Audit Team and conduct the first audit
- We ensure a continual improvement program operates and prepare you for certification