What is ISO 55001?
This International Standard specifies requirements for an asset management system. It requires organisations to identify all assets and assess their risk. Preventative maintenance of critical assets, as determined by the organisation's own risk assessment process, is then to be planned for and monitored to ensure the continued suitability of assets.
ISO 55001 can be applied to all types of assets and by all types and sizes of organisations.
The Asset Management Systems Process
Learn about the international standard and what achieving ISO 55001 can do for your business
Our experienced, committed and dedicated team tailors a program to suit your individual needs
Third party assessment to gain certification for your Information Security Management System
JLB is available to maintain your system to ensure compliance and continual improvement
Management System Documentation
What are the benefits of ISO 55001?
- improved financial performance
- informed asset investment decisions
- improved services and outputs
- demonstrated social responsibility
- improved organisational sustainability
How we can help
- We review your current asset management practices and ensure your business has addressed the basic requirements of asset management
- we then develop a Management Manual in your own terminology to reflect how your business addresses the requirements of ISO 55001
- We then develop a Strategic Asset Management Plan (SAMP) with your team to ensure the requirements for maintenance of assets is uniformly embraced throughout the business
- We then develop an Asset Management Plan (AMP) for groups of assets which may be managed differently, while but still complying with the SAMP
- We train your Internal Audit Team and conduct the first audit
- We ensure a continual improvement program operates and prepare you for certification