Audit Quality Management Systems
Our ISO 9001 Lead Auditor Course is delivered across 5 days and provides an overview of ISO 9001:2015, before delving into the practical auditing skills required to perform audits against quality management systems as either part of a team or an audit team leader. It also provides a comprehensive understanding of ISO 19011 Guidelines for Auditing Management Systems.
This course includes modules AU, QM, and TL (Exemplar Global TPECS). Recognition of prior learning will be awarded for Modules AU and TL if they have been completed within the previous three years.
Management Systems Auditing2 days
Quality Management Systems ISO 9001:20152 Days
Leading Audit Teams1 Day
Who Should Attend?
- Quality Representatives
- Quality and Assurance Managers
- Auditor’s wanting to advance their career
- If you want to conduct internal audits of a QMS
- If you want to conduct external audits of a QMS as part of a team or an audit team leader
This Course is in module format such that the first two days provide an introduction to auditing management systems and focuses on the skills required for auditing (Module AU). The third and fourth days focus on ISO 9001:2015 and QMS specific issues, particularly relevant to external auditing (Module QM). The fifth day is focused on lead auditor specific requirements and the certification process (Module TL).
Days 1 & 2
Module AU – ‘Management Systems Auditing’
- quality, history of QMS & QMS documentation
- continual improvement international standards & ISO 9001:2015
- the auditing process
- communication skills
- roles, responsibilities and skills of an auditor
- developing questions
- ISO 19011
- planning audits & reviewing documentation
- audit reports and corrective action
- auditing techniques
- process-based auditing and sampling
- role play – dummy internal audit.
Day 3 & 4
Module QM – ‘Auditing Quality Management Systems’
- quality management principles
- management system documentation
- integrated management systems
- permissible exclusions & scope of audits
- ISO 9001:2015 in detail
- reviewing documents
- nonconformance writing
- role play – dummy external audit.
Module TL – ‘Leading Management Systems Audit Teams’
- the certification process
- auditor skills, abilities and Code of Conduct
- legal/ethical aspects of auditing
- accreditation bodies and certification.